Bake That Overview
Inspired by the Great British Bake Off TV Show, teams get creative by taking part in the nation’s favourite activity of the moment – Baking!
Each team will have their own cooking station, with mobile oven, as well as recipe cards and all the necessary equipment and delicious core ingredients they will need to help them create their cakes.
Our expert chefs will be there to give advice, tips and techniques, so everyone can be confident that they can achieve something delicious, no matter how bad a cook they may think they are!
How Does it Work?
Just like on Bake Off, teams are tasked with 3 different challenges – the Signature Bake, the Technical Challenge and the Showstopper! Once their treats are baked to perfection, teams then make them look good enough to eat by decorating them with icing, sweets, toppings and sparkles.
This event can be held as a competition, with a prize for the winning team, or can be run as a relaxing collaborative event where the reward is for everyone to share and enjoy their treats together! As a fun conclusion to the activity, guests can display their bakes on cake stands for judging.
This activity lasts up to 3 hours
- Introduction to the activity by your live host (20 minutes)
- The Signature Challenge – Macaroons (40 mins)
- The Technical Bake – Scones (40 mins)
- The Showstopper – Victoria Sponge Cake (60 mins)
- Group split into smaller teams of 5-7 participants per station
- Judging – and winners announced + Prizes (20 minutes)
What do we provide
- Professional Event Host who’ll keep the energy levels high throughout
- Event manager as your main point of contact on the day ensuring the smoothest of event deliveries.
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew to help facilitate the Bake and get the competitive juices flowing.
- Equipment… Full AV equipment, mobile ovens and all ingredients/ utensils
- Prizes… the winning team get the much coveted Zing medals and of course any additional prizes you want to add.
What do you need
- A venue suitable for this activity
- Permission from the venue to use Mobile Ovens on their premises
Images of Bake That in Action
Key Benefits For Your Team
Return on Investment
With over 50 fully trained host, we can run your event when you want at the time you want it
Where does Bake That take place?
We’re a mobile team activity service and will travel to any suitable venue that you book; we can recommend venues that have worked well previously.
Does Bake That cater for food allergies?
Whilst Bake That simulates business practices and focuses on team work, we recommend that guests do not eat the finished product. Winning Bakes are decided on aesthetics and presentation for safety reasons.
What is the “Initial Set-Up Fee”?
This set-up fee covers all project management and pre-event coordination.
Is it cheaper if we have more people?
Yes, there is an economy of scale.
Can this activity be run as a Hybrid or Virtual Event?
Bake That is a Live event. Check out our Virtual Italian Cookery for Virtual solutions.
How do I pay?
We prefer Credit Card to ensure payment is made in advance of the event. You can however pay by BACS if payment terms can be met.
What availability do you have?
We have a very large team of fully trained and charismatic Event Hosts - so only rarely are we sold out.
How many people can participate?
We’ve run this activity for 300 people at once - there is no upper limit. We would recommend that your whole group is more than 4 people.
How many people in each team?
We recommend 5-7 people per team, however there is flexibility if required.
Who else has done this event - and what was the feedback?
We have delivered thousands of events . Check out our impartial reviews platform to hear what customers are saying; https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/zing-events-ltd
When can my event take place?
The booking can be at whatever time or date you like - the booking will be exclusive to your group. We regularly run events for global teams so our team can nearly always accommodate you.
What happens if my group numbers change?
Bookings are based on minimum chargeable numbers, but if numbers do increase we will provide an invoice for any extras.