Putt a Hole in Hunger Overview
Putt A Hole In Hunger brings the world of charity, golf and team building into one activity.
Teams are tasked with building a mini golf course, the twist is that the golf course is constructed from non perishable food. This food is then donated at the end of the activity to a local food bank and with thirteen million people living below the poverty line in the UK, this activity really can make a difference to those people.
How Does it Work?
As with all of our activities you are welcomed to the activity by one of our friendly hosts. We set the scene for the activity and can arrange for a spokesperson from the charity or an inspiration video to further cement the importance of this activity;
The activity is split into a number of different parts that ensure that everyone is involved in the activity:
1. Design & Planning
Teams will need to design, plan and present their concept to the rest of the room.
2. Perfect Putt Competition
To make the courses that much more fun delegates will be able to choose some fun ramps or loop de loops for their designs. This will be done by a fun hole in one competition at the front of the room with the added pressure of everyone watching on.
Teams will now start to construct their designs. They choose from the vast array of ingredients that are laid out on the table as they first entered the room. These will be constructed on high quality astro turfs. A prize will be awarded to the winning team for the best design.
Now teams get to play on each of the mini golf courses. Two teams on each hole to ensure no cheating! The team with the lowest number of shots is the winner.
At the end of the activity we do a wrap up and end with a message of thanks from the charity. The food that is used in the activity is then delivered to the local food bank.
This activity can last between 1-3 hours to fit your agenda
- Introduction to the activity by your live charismatic event host
- Group split into smaller teams of 6-8 participants
- Expert guidance from our Event Team throughout
- Teams collaborate to create innovative Crazy Golf holes
- Each creation is shown to the wider audience for judging
- Wrap up and winners announced, prizes awarded.
- We coordinate the perishables to be donated to the foodbank
What do we provide
- Welcome message from the chosen charity – and position the importance of this CSR activity in society.
- Event manager… your main point of contact on the day ensuring the smoothest of event deliveries.
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew to help facilitate the activity
- Equipment… astro turfs and putters …and of course, a mountain of food products
- A pop up gazebo and table for each team to work underneath
- Prizes… the winning team gets the much-coveted Zing medals and of course any additional prizes you want to add.
- Bespoke audiovisual presentation.
What do you need to provide
- An indoor space, provided empty, large enough to provide each team with a large area of flat floor space. Ideally 3mx3m per team.
Images of Putt A Hole In Hunger in Action
Key Benefits For Your Team
Return on Investment
With over 50 fully trained host, we can run your event when you want at the time you want it
What food bank do you donate the food items to??
The Trussell Trust, who support a network of Food Banks across the UK. If you’d like to coordinate a different beneficiary, this is absolutely encouraged.
Can we donate our own food items?
Yes absolutely, more the merrier! Generally tinned items, and foot items in cardboard packaging is preferred by the charity.
Where can the event take place?
We will travel to any indoor location we are required to.; please see what we require from you, above.
What is the “Initial Set-Up Fee”?
Is it cheaper if we have more people?
Yes, there is an economy of scale.
How do I pay?
We prefer Credit Card to ensure payment is made in advance of the event. You can however pay by BACS if payment terms can be met.
What are the cancellation terms?
We will always try and accommodate a date change, but within 7 days of your event there is a charge to cover each member of our cancelled team.
What availability do you have?
We have a very large team of fully trained and charismatic Event Hosts - so only rarely are we sold out.
What equipment do we need?
You do not need to provide any equipment whatsoever.
How many people can participate?
We’ve run this activity for 800 people at once - there is no upper limit. We would recommend that your whole group is more than 8 people.
How many people in each team?
We recommend 6-8 people per team, however there is flexibility if required.
Who else has done this event - and what was the feedback?
We have delivered thousands of events . Check out our impartial reviews platform to hear what customers are saying; https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/zing-events-ltd
When can my event take place?
The booking can be at whatever time or date you like - the booking will be exclusive to your group. We regularly run events for global teams so our team can nearly always accommodate you.
What happens if my group numbers change?
Bookings are based on minimum chargeable numbers, but if numbers do increase we will provide an invoice for any extras.