The Apprentice Overview
Let’s get down to business… Inspired by the popular TV shows The Apprentice and Dragon’s Den, Zing’s Business Guru is looking to invest in new talent! Teams go head to head in a business task creating a new brand; with two variants of the activity available, it’s either a ‘must have’ box of chocolates, or an original smoothie brand that stands out from the crowd.
To be a successful team you’ll have to be creative, deliver a great pitch and fend off probing questions from our business guru when the fledgling concepts come under fire. Teams that find the perfect balance between profitability, creativity and innovation will win investment – but in this cut throat business process, second place is first loser.
How does it work?
At the beginning of the event our ‘Business Guru’ sweeps into the room billing himself as the apprentice candidate they wouldn’t dare to hire. A challenge is then set for the teams. They must create a brand, including making the product for a vast array of raw ingredients, design some impactful packaging, and then deliver a pitch and business plan. Lots of content to cover – so delegation and leadership qualities will be key.
- This activity can last up to 3 hours to fit your agenda
- Introduction to the activity by your Event Host
- Group split into smaller teams of 6-8 participants
- Teams begin brainstorming concepts before deciding on an idea
- Roles are delegated between themselves
- A well rounded business plan is created
- An impactful design and packaging is created
- A box of chocolates (or Smoothie) are created from Raw ingredients
- A pitch and supporting collateral is prepared for the finale
- Following the pitch stage – a Winning team is announced
What do we provide
- A charismatic Event Host to drive the energy
- Event manager… your main point of contact on the day ensuring the smoothest of event deliveries.
- Impressive amounts of raw ingredients for product making
- Equipment… Full AV equipment including music throughout the event.
- Bespoke audio visual presentation
What do you need to provide
• An indoor space, large enough to provide each team with a large conference style table
Images of The Apprentice in Action
Key Benefits For Your Team
Return on Investment
With over 50 fully trained host, we can run your event when you want at the time you want it
Where can the event take place?
We will travel to any indoor location we are required to.; please see what we require from you, above.
What is the “Initial Set-Up Fee"?
This set-up fee covers all project management and pre-event coordination.
Is it cheaper if we have more people?
Yes, there is an economy of scale.
How do I pay?
We prefer Credit Card to ensure payment is made in advance of the event. You can however pay by BACS if payment terms can be met.
What are the cancellation terms?
We will always try and accommodate a date change, but within 7 days of your event there is a charge to cover each member of our cancelled team.
What availability do you have?
We have a very large team of fully trained and charismatic Event Hosts - so only rarely are we sold out.
What equipment do we need?
You do not need to provide any equipment whatsoever.
How many people can participate?
We’ve run this activity for 3800 people at once. We would recommend that your whole group is more than 8 people.
How many people in each team?
We recommend 6-8 people per team, however there is flexibility if required.
Who else has done this event - and what was the feedback?
We have delivered thousands of events . Check out our impartial reviews platform to hear what customers are saying; https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/zing-events-ltd
When can my event take place?
The booking can be at whatever time or date you like - the booking will be exclusive to your group. We regularly run events for global teams so our team can nearly always accommodate you.
What happens if my group numbers change?
Bookings are based on minimum chargeable numbers, but if numbers do increase we will provide an invoice for any extras.