Back to School Overview
Don’t forget your PE kit… a nostalgic trip down memory lane with a Zing’s take on the good old fashioned sports day. Hosted by our former PE teacher (that’s what he says anyway!) all the classic races are included… egg and spoon, three legged, sack race and many more. You can also try your arm at tennis and Javelin before the fancy dress relay finale. And forget the mum and dads race… let’s see those senior managers run!
How Does it Work?
Hosted by our PE teacher in his fabulous retro tracksuit, the teams are taken through a warm up that will get them limbered up and laughing. Then it’s straight into the action with lane based races with all teams racing for points. Also included are games such as tennis, a football shoot out, soft archery and even our adaptation of a bobsleigh run. With larger groups there will be a series of heats then a final in each discipline. Spectators not in a race will line the trackside to add support and atmosphere, with the PE teacher organising things on the track and providing live entertaining commentary via the PA.
After all races have been run the points will be totted up and the victorious team announced.
Back to School Zones include:
Back To Class Zone:
Mental Maths, Wacky World, Horrible History
Track & Field Zone:
Medicine ball shot put, Discus, Foam Javelin
Games Master Zone:
Football Shoot Out, Tennis
Play Time Zone:
Selection of giant games – Jenga, Connect 4 etc.
School Sports Day Races Zone:
Egg & Spoon, Bean bag, 3 legged race, sack race
This activity can last between 90 mins – 2 hours to fit your agenda
- Introduction to the activity by your live charismatic event host
- Group split into smaller teams of 8 participants
- Expert guidance from our Event Team on the activity stations
- Teams go head-to-head to win as many points as they can in the 5 Zones
- Wrap up and winners (Top of the Class) announced, prizes awarded.
What do we provide
- PE Teacher… a professional host who’ll keep the energy levels high.
- Event manager… your main point of contact on the day ensuring the smoothest of event deliveries.
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew to help facilitate the games and get the competitive juices flowing.
- Petrol generators to power our AV. No access to electricity required.
- Fantastic equipment spread over 5 varied activity Zones
- Equipment… Full AV equipment, music and all equipment.
- Prizes… the winning team get the much coveted Zing medals and of course any additional prizes you want to add.
What do you need to provide
- An outdoor space – preferably on grass, large enough to provide each of the 5 Zones with sufficient space.
- Suitable footwear and clothing
Images of Back To School in Action
Key Benefits For Your Team
Return on Investment
With over 50 fully trained host, we can run your event when you want at the time you want it
Where can the event take place?
We will travel to any indoor location we are required to.; please see what we require from you, above.
What is the “Initial Set Up Fee”?
This set-up fee covers all project management and pre-event coordination
Is it cheaper if we have more people?
Yes, there is an economy of scale.
How do I pay?
We prefer Credit Card to ensure payment is made in advance of the event. You can however pay by BACS if payment terms can be met.
What are the cancellation terms?
We will always try and accommodate a date change, but within 7 days of your event there is a charge to cover each member of our cancelled team.
What availability do you have?
We have a very large team of fully trained and charismatic Event Hosts - so only rarely are we sold out.
What equipment do we need?
Suitable atire and trainers.
How many people can participate?
We’ve run this activity for 800 people at once - there is no upper limit. We would recommend that your whole group is more than 8 people.
How many people in each team?
We recommend 6-8 people per team, however there is flexibility if required.
Who else has done this event - and what was the feedback?
We have delivered over 1,000 events. Check out our impartial reviews platform to hear what customers are saying; Zing Events Reviews
What happens if my group numbers change?
Bookings are based on minimum chargeable numbers, but if numbers do increase we will provide an invoice for any extras.