Soap Box Derby
Soap Box Derby Overview
A thrilling event harking back to a bygone era as teams develop and construct a race-ready self-propelled soap box car from the materials provided. Will your creative design get you to poll position? Can you handle the pressure of our action-packed race finale?
How Does This Team Building Activity Work?
The event begins with a series of racing/car themed energisers to focus the teams before a full presenter led briefing. The teams are then introduced to their workshop, which includes all the blueprints, materials and tools needed to construct the vehicle. Once the skeleton of the car is built, it is up to teams as to how creative they get with the design. The better looking the car, the higher up the grid they’ll be. After a spectacular procession of cars to the race track, the drivers and those providing the pushing power from behind, race for glory. and the chequered flag.
The outdoor space is dressed in our giant inflatable track and with each team having their own pit stop in the form of a gazebo. The activity looks super impressive.
Design – Teams must design their kart before starting on the soap box build.
Build – Teams have use of a whole host of recourses to create their unique karts.
Test – Teams get to test their karts in a series of qualifiers.
Race – Teams go head to head to find a winner!
Included in The Soap Box Derby Event:
- Activity Compere – A professional host who’ll keep the energy levels high.
- Event manager – Your main point of contact on the day ensuring the smoothest of event deliveries.
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew to help facilitate the games and get the competitive juices flowing.
- Equipment – Full AV equipment, music and all equipment.
- Prizes – The winning team get the much-coveted Zing medals and of course any additional prizes you want to add.
Watch the activity in action
The Soap Box Derby Gallery
Soap Box Derby Facts
Want to know more?
If you'd like to know more about this activity or any of our other great events? Simply tell us a bit about your group and we will send you a no obligation proposal.