Soap Box Derby Overview
A thrilling event harking back to a bygone era as teams develop and construct a race-ready self propelled soap box car from the materials provided. Will your creative design get you to poll position? Can you handle the pressure of our action packed race finale?
How Does it Work?
The event begins with a series of racing/car themed energisers to focus the teams before a full presenter led briefing. The teams are then introduced to their workshop, which includes all the blueprints, materials and tools needed to construct the vehicle. Once the skeleton of the car is built, it is up to teams as to how creative they get with the design. The better looking the car, the higher up the grid they’ll be. After a spectacular procession of cars to the race track, the drivers and those providing the pushing power from behind, race for glory. and the chequered flag.
The outdoor space is dressed with our giant inflatable track and with each team having their own pit stop in the form of a gazebo. The activity looks super impressive.
This activity can last between 2-3 hours to fit your agenda
- Introduction to the activity by your live charismatic event host
- Group split into smaller teams of 6-8 participants
- Expert guidance from our Event Team throughout
- Teams collaborate to create innovative and impactful soap box racers
- Each creation is judged for its quality and positioned on the Grid accordingly
- Wrap up and winners announced, prizes awarded on the podium!
Stages of the activity:
Design – Teams must design their kart before starting on the build.
Build – Teams have use of a whole host of recourses to create their unique karts.
Test – Teams get to test their karts in a series of qualifiers.
Race – Teams go head to head to find a winner.
What do we provide
- Activity Compere… a professional host who’ll keep the energy levels high.
- Event manager… your main point of contact on the day ensuring the smoothest of event deliveries.
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew to help facilitate the games and get the competitive juices flowing.
- An event gazebo per team, plus a table to work on.
- Equipment… Full AV equipment, music and all equipment.
- Petrol generators to power our AV – we don’t need access to electricity.
- Prizes… the winning team get the much coveted Zing medals and of course any additional prizes you want to add.
What do you need to provide
- An outdoor space, large enough to provide each team with room for their 3mX3m event gazebo.
- An area big enough for the giant 20 meter X 8 meter inflatable race track.
- Wear suitable footwear and attire
Images of Soap Box Derby in Action
Key Benefits For Your Team
Return on Investment
With over 50 fully trained host, we can run your event when you want at the time you want it
Where can the event take place?
We will travel to any indoor location we are required to.; please see what we require from you, above.
What is the “Initial Set Up Fee”?
This set-up fee covers all project management and pre-event coordination
Is it cheaper if we have more people?
Yes, there is an economy of scale.
How do I pay?
We prefer Credit Card to ensure payment is made in advance of the event. You can however pay by BACS if payment terms can be met.
What are the cancellation terms?
We will always try and accommodate a date change, but within 7 days of your event there is a charge to cover each member of our cancelled team.
What availability do you have?
We have a very large team of fully trained and charismatic Event Hosts - so only rarely are we sold out.
What equipment do we need?
You do not need to provide any equipment whatsoever.
How many people can participate?
We’ve run this activity for 800 people at once - there is no upper limit. We would recommend that your whole group is more than 8 people.
How many people in each team?
We recommend 6-8 people per team, however there is flexibility if required.
Who else has done this event - and what was the feedback?
We have delivered over 1,000 events. Check out our impartial reviews platform to hear what customers are saying; Zing Events Reviews
What happens if my group numbers change?
Bookings are based on minimum chargeable numbers, but if numbers do increase we will provide an invoice for any extras.