Generation Game Overview
The classic game show format gets the Zing treatment in an activity that could reveal your teams’ many hidden talents. From origami creations to the old ‘pulling the table cloth’ trick, teams follow the tuition of experts before making an attempt for points. It’s fun and energising, retro yet with a modern twist and you might even learn a new skill along the way.
How Does it Work?
The event begins with the teams sat at tables before hearing the generation game theme tune. The host enters and firstly explains the history of the show including video clips (useful for international groups or those ‘too young to remember’).
The format is explained and the first rounds are fast paced, energising activities. Then the main activities start, there are about 20 in total (timings will dictate how many will be completed) ranging from 2 to 20 minutes in total. Some are volunteer rounds, others are for the whole team and everyone gets involved.
Examples of games include Limbo dancing (as hilarious as you imagine) and shopping channel host (have you the gift the gab?). Bin Bag Fashion (as seen on the original show) sees teams dressing two team members in the latest bin bag couture before ‘working it’ down the catwalk to ‘Girls on Film’
The teams gain points until our finale… yes, the conveyor belt… the most famous of memory tests recreated in our own unique way, there’s definitely space for a few cuddly toys!
This activity can last between 1-2.5 hours to fit your agenda
- Introduction to the activity by your live “Bruce Style” event host
- Group split into smaller teams of 6-8 participants
- Expert guidance from our Event Team throughout
- Teams pool on their combined skill sets to maximise team points
- Each team will have the opportunity to pitch their skills
- Wrap up and winners announced, prizes awarded.
What do we provide
- Game Show Host… a professional host who’ll keep the energy levels high from start to finish.
- Event manager… your main point of contact on the day ensuring the smoothest of event deliveries.
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew to help facilitate the games and get the competitive juices flowing.
- Equipment… Full AV equipment including music throughout the event.
- Prizes… the winning team get the much coveted Zing medals and of course any additional prizes you want to add.
- Bespoke audio visual presentation
What do you need to provide
- An indoor space, large enough to provide each team with a large conference style table each.
- A space with an open “stage area” at the front of the room
Images of Generation Game in Action
Key Benefits For Your Team
Return on Investment
With over 50 fully trained host, we can run your event when you want at the time you want it
Where can the event take place?
We will travel to any indoor location we are required to.; please see what we require from you, above.
What is the “Initial Set Up Fee”?
This set-up fee covers all project management and pre-event coordination
Is it cheaper if we have more people?
Yes, there is an economy of scale.
How do I pay?
We prefer Credit Card to ensure payment is made in advance of the event. You can however pay by BACS if payment terms can be met.
What are the cancellation terms?
We will always try and accommodate a date change, but within 7 days of your event there is a charge to cover each member of our cancelled team.
What availability do you have?
We have a very large team of fully trained and charismatic Event Hosts - so only rarely are we sold out.
What equipment do we need?
You do not need to provide any equipment whatsoever.
How many people can participate?
We’ve run this activity for 800 people at once - there is no upper limit. We would recommend that your whole group is more than 8 people.
How many people in each team?
We recommend 6-8 people per team, however there is flexibility if required.
Who else has done this event - and what was the feedback?
We have delivered over 1,000 events. Check out our impartial reviews platform to hear what customers are saying; Zing Events Reviews
What happens if my group numbers change?
Bookings are based on minimum chargeable numbers, but if numbers do increase we will provide an invoice for any extras.