Generation Game Overview
The classic Generation Game show format gets the Zing treatment in an activity that could reveal your teams’ many hidden talents. From origami creations to the old ‘pulling the table cloth’ trick, teams follow the tuition of experts before making an attempt for points. It’s fun, energising and retro, with a modern twist; You might even learn a new skill along the way!
How does the Generation Game team building activity work?
The Generation Game team building activity begins with the teams sat at tables before hearing the Generation Game theme tune. The host enters and firstly explains the history of the show including video clips, which is useful for international groups or those ‘too young to remember’.
The format is explained, and the first few rounds are full of fast paced, energising activities. Then the main activities start! There are around 20 team building activities in total – the timings will dictate how many will be completed – ranging from 2 to 20 minutes in total. Some rounds involve volunteer activities and others are for the whole team where everyone can get involved.
Some of the games you will get to play include:
- Limbo dancing – As hilarious as you might imagine!
- Shopping channel host – Do you have the gift of the gab?
- Bin bag fashion – as seen on the original Generation Game, where teams dress two team members in the latest bin bag couture before ‘working it’ down the catwalk to ‘Girls on Film’
Teams will continue to gain points until the finale – yes, the conveyor belt! – the most famous of memory tests recreated in our own unique way. There’s certainly space for a few cuddly toys.
Included in your Generation Game team building activity
- Game Show Host – A professional host who’ll keep the energy levels high.
- Event Manager – Your main point of contact on the day ensuring the smoothest of event deliveries.
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew – On hand to help facilitate the games and get the competitive juices flowing.
- Equipment – Full AV equipment including music throughout the event.
- Prixes – The winning team get the much-coveted Zing medals and of course any additional prizes you want to add.
- Bespoke audio-visual presentation.
Watch the activity in action
Generation Game Facts
Want to know more?
If you'd like to know more about this activity or any of our other great events? Simply tell us a bit about your group and we will send you a no obligation proposal.